Just what is a “Cremesheen” lippie?
A Cremesheen lippie is a Mac lipstick that has it’s own special finish and feel.
You can get an idea of what this lipstick is about when we break up the word “creme sheen”.
Clearly the lipstick is creamy and it has a sheen.
Now it’s not as creamy as say Mac’s Amplified.
And it isn’t as pigmented either.
It does go on smooth and there is a softness to them.
Most of the popular nude shades fall into the Cremesheen finish.
Because of this finish, the wear isn’t going to be particularly long.
So you will need to reapply. The good thing is this finish does not slide around.
Some Cremesheens colors have a “frost” to them.
However it’s subtle and gives more dimensionality and fullness to the finished lip look on the mouth.
If that’s what you’re looking for in a lipstick, then by all means put it on your list.
The permanent range of Mac Cremesheens are as follows:
- Lickable: a bright clean blue pink
- Sweet & Sour: a soft peach cream
- Shy Girl: a creamy neutral coral beige
- Creme Cup: a light blue pink
- Creme in Your Coffee: a creamy mid-tone pink brown
- Creme d’Nude: a pale muted peach beige
- Speed Dial: a light blue pink
- Fanfare: a mid-tone yellow pink
- Speak Louder: a clean poppy blue pink
- Ravishing: a clean light peachy coral
- Crosswires: a clean pinky orange
- Hot Gossip: a mid-tone pinky plum
- Party Line: a red-toned plum
- Hang-up: a deep berry
- On Hold: a mid-tone yellow raspberry
- Brave Red: a bright yellow red
- Saigon Summer: a frosted bright orange
- Peach Blossom: a frosted cool nude
- Shanghai Spice: a frosted neutral pink
- Coral Bliss: a frosted light coral
- Pink Pearl Pop: a frosted midtonal pink
- Sunny Seoul: a frosted light warm pink
- Pure Zen: a frosted warm nude
- Japanese Maple: a frosted light beige
- Dare You: a deep brown red
- Modesty: a muted neutral pink
What’s your fav Cremesheen?
~Duchess of Lipstick