Just what is a “Sheen Supreme” lippie?
A Sheen Supreme lippie is a Mac lipstick that is a wonderful hybrid of a pigmented Amplifed and a gellified Lipglass = translucent moisturizing shiny knock-out color.
I first fell in love with this fusion lippie when I discovered “Asian Flower” and I’ve been loving these lippies ever since.
They feel lightweight on the lips. A comfort to wear! They have a beautiful pigmented sheen that’s not tacky at all. The gellfied almost translucent finish of this lippie makes lips look fuller and just pop with color.
I find this formula does last for me provided that I don’t eat. Then of course I have to reapply. But say even after drinking coffee, my lips still look like I just applied lipstick.
(I prefer them to the Huggable lippies because of their pigmentation and non-sticky feel. The Huggables are very balm-like and much like Mac’s answer to the sheer lippie trend found in other makeup lines.)
Since Mac releases a Limited Edition Sheen Supreme collection every year, I always look forward to the colors that come out, making sure that I nab all of them! They don’t disappoint.
At the time of this posting, there are 3 LE lippies that are still available on maccosmetics.com!
- Venomous Violet: Deep Berry
- Phosphorescent: Electric Pink Coral
- Pheromonal: Dark Blue Pink
If you’re looking for a moisturizing gel-like lipstick that’s pigmented then check these out.
For swatches, head on over to my Pinterest and Follow the board: Mac Sheen Supremes!
The permanent range of Mac Sheen Supremes are as follows:
- Insanely It: Watermelon pink
- Zen Rose: Bright mid-tone fuschia
- Ultra Darling: Mid-tone yellow pink
- Gotta Dash: Pale clean coral
- Bare Again: Pinky neutral beige
- Supremely Confident: Pale nude
- Good to be Bad: Deep burgundy
- Royal Azalea: Bright mid-tone pink
- Quite the Thing!: Deep blue plum
- Fashion City: Neutral coral with pink
- Behave Yourself: Light blue pink
- Supreme Style: Light coral with pink
- New Temptation: Vivid blue red
- Blossom Culture: Soft pink with pearl
- Impressive: Neutral glided plum
- Full Speed: Bright clean yellow pink
- Asian Flower: Creamy lavender
- Korean Candy: Bright orange-red
What’s your fav Sheen Supreme?
~Duchess of Lipstick