I received probably one of the best Influenster VoxBox’s to date. Finally something that serves the audience of my social media followers! Honestly I keep hoping that I’ll get lipstick someday.
The box contained two Kat Von D brushes, for powder and concealer, a setting powder and two concealer shades: Light 5 – fair cashmere with neutral undertone and Light 3 – fair shell with warm undertone.
I would have to say that this concealer is one of the best out on the market that I’ve tried so far. It really tops all the ones I use. I will definitely be repurchasing these!
The brush is a soft tapered doe-foot that is flexible.
What did this concealer do for me?
- Provided instant full coverage.
- Made me look awake and radiant
- Evened out my skin tone.
- Felt lightweight and smooth on skin.
- Created brightening effect and luminous finish.
- Concealed my under-eye dark circles.
- Did not fade.
- Did not dry out my skin but it felt smoother.
The shade range is a bit tricky I think. The color on the boxes does not match the shade in the tube. Both tubes look alike being very light. I did try the Light 3 first and made it work by blending out with the brush. I tried the Light 5 and I think I prefer it over the other. And a little goes a long way.
I don’t know if the next two colors in the range would be more in the range of what I use but these were workable. So one does need to swatch these in person to find the best match I think, as the color on the box isn’t what you think you’re getting. Hopefully more swatches online will help those that can’t got to a Sephora in person.
There are 21 shades to choose from including one that is pure white for highlighting and mixing in with the other shades to create your own custom concealer shade!
- White Out: pure white
(notice how they’re all numbered with odd numbers…)
- Light 1: fair honeysuckle with neutral undertone
- Light 3: fair shell with warm undertone
- Light 5: fair cashmere with neutral undertone
- Light 7: fair buttercream with warm undertone
- Light 9: light parchment with neutral undertone
- Light 11: light blonde with neutral undertone
- Light 13: light bisque with cool undertone
- Light 15: light sand with neutral undertone
- Medium 17: medium taupe with warm undertone
- Medium 19: medium peach with cool undertone
- Medium 21: medium khaki with neutral undertone
- Medium 23: medium bisque with cool undertone
- Medium 25: tan caramel with warm undertone
- Medium 27: tan almond with warm undertone
- Medium 29: tan apricot with neutral undertone
- Deep 31: deep nutmeg with warm undertone
- Deep 33: deep cider with warm undertone
- Deep 35: deep clay with neutral undertone
- Deep 37: deep auburn with warm undertone
- Deep 39: deep hickory with cool undertone
The Kat Von D Lock-It Edge Concealer Brush ($24.00) is a very soft brush with a tapered head and perfect for applying concealer. I have concealer brushes from Zoeva and this is pretty good in comparison and a nice addition to my collection or anyone’s. Not tested on animals!
The Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder Brush ($38.00) is a super soft, round and tapered brush. Perfect for precise application of the setting powder. Flawless finish!
Notice the star shape in the sifter?
The Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder ($30.00) is a delicate translucent loose powder. It mattifies without making skin look chalky. I really like this because the finish is very smooth soft-matte. There’s no white cast either.
I would not hesitate to check out these concealers if you’re looking for soft full coverage matte finish. And if you’re out of setting powder, check that out too. And if you’re just itching for some brushes, check out her brushes.
You can’t lose with Kat Von D Beauty.
Stay Sweet Lovelies!